5.18.2010

Oh, for the love of honey!!!

I'm a subscriber to the "local honey to treat seasonal allergies" school of thought. I know, there are many who think it's hooey and that's fine. In my personal experience, it's helped. Be it placebo or valid, I DON'T CARE! It works for ME.


Since moving from Indiana to Nashville, I don't know where to FIND local honey and I still don't know my way around very well because I don't get a chance to GO ANYWHERE! I would LOVE to visit a farmers market and there are plenty, but this whole "no car" thing prevents me from doing MANY things that I would LOVE to do, like volunteering with the flood clean-up. 


Son, Doodle, is a Cub Scout and should be out there doing community service as that is what scouts do! And as a Den Leader, I should be helping him and those in our pack to serve the community they live in. Opportunity abounds right now to make a difference in the life of another. 


An acquaintance of mine likes to spout quotes about charity and good will, but I have yet to see said person actually PERFORM any such acts. I try really hard not to judge others, I really do. But I sit here frustrated because I can't do more and those who CAN do, are only talking about it! 


All I want to do is be able to meet and be a part of the community I now call home. Aside from a few scouts parents and a couple of neighbors, I still don't know anyone here. If I had a car, I could get out and become a part of it. I do use the bus, but the route is too limited to be effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment