My Spirited Child
A few years ago, I realized that my youngest son is more intense than other kids. I thought it was just because his older brother was just so very mellow, but no, he's just MORE. Luckily, about that time, I came across the book Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka.
I am not big on self-help books, but this one really helped me find methods that work for dealing with outbursts and temper tantrums. If you are a parent, I suggest you read this book, whether your child is "spirited" or not. There are some very helpful anecdotes from other parents.
I won't say this book changed our lives, but it certainly did help ease some of the stress I was feeling. Now, if I can only get the Hobbit's daddy to read this book, perhaps we can have a bit more peace in the home. *fingers crossed*
One from the Vault
- A Journey Home
- Allow me a moment to vent...
- A Fool's Quest
- Oh, for the love of honey!!!
- Follow Me Back Tuesday
- How to get an 8yo boy to tolerate Fairies...
- The trouble with cute boys
- The Art of PowerPrep...FAIL!
- The good, the bad, and the UUUUGGGGGGLLLLYYYYY!!!!...
- Midnight Margaritas!
- My Spirited Child
- The Mythical Inner Cleaning Ninja
- ▼ May (13)