9.16.2011

Purple Dress

My beautiful niece inherited my share of the sewing gene! Check out this gorgeous dress she made for herself...

Purple Dress: So I went to JoAnns for the Labor Day Sale and picked up a new pattern See & Sew B5478 and a beautiful purple fabric with shiney thread running thru it.
So here it is!


Front and Side views

Unfortunate back view, I don't know why there is a pucker at the end of the zipper, I have tried to steam and iron it out but its stuck.

I had some issues with this dress:

The neck is way to wide, I don't have football shoulders so the dress is almost falling off.
The neckline was too low for me, but I think a wider seam on the shoulder will help that.


Lets take a look at the inside.


Zipper that I am so proud of. It turned out perfectly!


Lining.



Hand stitched understiching on the armholes and hem.

Well that's all for now, I have to make some jackets for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One from the Vault